We are moored in the town center of Banbury I front of a pub. Mistake. Last night someone banged into the boat for fun, climbed on top and ran the length of the boat and stole our mop off the roof. It's probably in the canal. Bored kids with bad parents. We didn't feel threatend, just annoyed. After someone hit the boat, I couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and sat on the back of boat. Out of no-where, standing next to me was a man saying "easy on the boat". I said pardon? He repeated "easy on the boat"? It took me a second to realize he was asking if I was taking it easy on the boat. My new friend Dwight and I had a 20 minute conversation about whatever his mind could focus on. A few minutes later, Dwight reached in the inside pocket of his jacket and produced an extra beer all for me. We shared a drink then Dwight staggered on down the tow path. He turned and said, "I will back by in the morning to check on you". True to his word, Dwight was knocking on the hatch at 7:30 am. Still holding a beer in is hand, he inquired about our night. He soon staggered off saying he needed to go see his mum today.
Sherri and I set off to find breakfast. We ended up at Faulty Towers and was served by Manuel. (Those fans of British sitcoms will get the reference). His name is Valie for short. He was very pleasent and very busy. Breakfast was very tasty.
Because of the rain, we are going to spend the day at the mall and any other indoor activities we can find.







Love the Dwight story.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of your bad experience on Saturday night in Banbury. I have no doubt at all that 'bad parenting' is the cause of so many problems folk experience nowadays.;-)
ReplyDelete