We stopped short of Napton and spent the night, moored in the country side.
This morning, up early and after a full breakfast, we headed to Napton and the 9 locks for today. A soft rain was falling so we dressed in our rain gear. Stopping below the first lock we refilled our water tank. The set of nine locks were the first of the single boat locks Sherri and I have navigated. We found them much easier to operate and took less time to go through. At this point, I am going to say that I might, or might not have made a rookie mistake when operating lock number 12. No damage done to the lock itself but shattering to my pride. It had to do with water and the lack of between locks. My boating friend David will understand. I can already feel his disapproving look.
Moving on. After we negotiated the 9 locks, we stopped for a short lunch just above the top lock. Sherri was very tired and I suggested she take a nap while I piloted the boat to Fenny Compton. I didn't have to mention it twice. I took hold of the tiller and notice the drizzle was changing to rain. Over the next 3.5 hours it went from steady rain to downpours.
This morning, up early and after a full breakfast, we headed to Napton and the 9 locks for today. A soft rain was falling so we dressed in our rain gear. Stopping below the first lock we refilled our water tank. The set of nine locks were the first of the single boat locks Sherri and I have navigated. We found them much easier to operate and took less time to go through. At this point, I am going to say that I might, or might not have made a rookie mistake when operating lock number 12. No damage done to the lock itself but shattering to my pride. It had to do with water and the lack of between locks. My boating friend David will understand. I can already feel his disapproving look.
Moving on. After we negotiated the 9 locks, we stopped for a short lunch just above the top lock. Sherri was very tired and I suggested she take a nap while I piloted the boat to Fenny Compton. I didn't have to mention it twice. I took hold of the tiller and notice the drizzle was changing to rain. Over the next 3.5 hours it went from steady rain to downpours.




No comments:
Post a Comment