Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8th. Nice day cruising across the country side.

     Last night we stayed just outside of Cropyredy. Sherri and I took a short stroll through the town. 
     This morning after breakfast, Sherri was still a bit tired so she took a short nap. I prepared our lunch for the oven. We picked up some lamb shanks in Banbury at a butchers shop, potatoes, onions, and carrots at the farmers market. The butcher suggested a tomato and wine based casserole sauce. I popped it in the oven at 8:30 then went for a walk so Sherri could rest. 
     Cropredy is you typical charming English village. Two pubs, two churches and one small grocery. 
     
     When I returned to the boat, Sherri was up and ready to go. We stopped just around the corner to take on fresh water. 
     
     Leaving Cropredy around 10:00 am, we had 9 locks to go through. We are finally getting a good system down that makes the locks less work. The whole time motoring and working the locks, I could smell our luch cooking. 
     Since these locks are space over 4 miles, we stopped somewhere in the middle to eat lunch. I hoped it tasted as good as it smelled. 

     I have to say it was one of the best meals we had.
     We are now in Fenny Compton for the night. Plenty of time to get back to the marina is allowing us a leisurely pace.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment